Friday, October 8, 2010

The match of a lifetime...

Mirror Match!
This Sunday, presuming my now fevered wife (as in, she has a 38.7 degree C temp) gets better, I will be playing a match against my dead friend, and whipping-boy co-worker Wonna. You can see the results of our last bout... here.

Basically, with this one-of-chance to get to the LFGC (club) I suggest to Wonna that instead of me trouncing his Guard again, we might swap armies and see if we can each teach the other some tactics, and generally try something different.

Now before I go any further... I hate Guard. So boring to play against. Worse than Green Tide. At least as a Green Tide player you get to make algae jokes.

This post is both a helper post for me for later, when I do my Battle Report, and a warning to Kirbs that its gunna go up on 3++ as well.


List-O-Clock.

Da Mean Orks
Wonna will be running my 'mean orks' as I call them. 'Mean' by Aussie Comp standards.
List as follows:

1 Warboss (HQ)
Cybork Body; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Power Klaw (x1); Warbike

1 Big Mek (HQ)
Kustom Force Field;

8 Lootas (Elites)

5 Nob Bikers (Troops) Warbike, Cybork Body
Big Choppa
Big Choppa, kombi-skorcha
Big Choppa, Waaagh Banner
PowerKlaw
PowerKlaw, Bosspole
Painboy

19 Ork Boyz (Troops)
Slugga (x19); Choppa (x19)
1 Nob @ [46] Pts
Bosspole; Power Klaw (x1); Slugga (x1)

19 Ork Boyz (Troops)
Slugga (x19); Choppa (x19)
1 Nob @ [46] Pts
Bosspole; Power Klaw (x1); Slugga (x1)
*** Wonna can make these guys slugga/shoota before the game starts as he wishes

1 Deff Dread (Troops)
Grot Riggers; Rokkit Launcha; Rokkit Launcha

2 Deffkoptas (Fast Attack)
Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha (x2);

2 Deffkoptas (Fast Attack)
Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha (x2);

1 Deff Dread (Heavy Support)
Grot Riggers; Rokkit Launcha; Rokkit Launcha

3 Killa Kan (Heavy Support)
Grotzooka
3 Killa Kan (Heavy Support)
Grotzooka

This is a trial-army style I am working on, modified Fast-n-Slow for Orks.
Start with a Kan Wall, add FA and fast troops.
I don't have enough bikers to make Wazza a HQ and run full bikers... but look out on 3++ for a concept list coming as part of my Ork Articles

Da 'umies of Fail
I can call them this as not only did they not place well at the Tourney they were last taken to, they couldn't even manage LAST missing out by 1 place.

HQ
Command Squad (Lascannon Heavy Weapons Team, Officer of the Fleet)


Troops
Infantry Platoon #1
Platoon Command Squad (Platoon Commander with Bolt Pistol, Missile Launcher Heavy Weapons Team)
Infantry Squad (Commissar with Power Weapon, Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher Heavy Weapons Team)
Infantry Squad (Sergeant with Power Weapon, Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher Heavy Weapons Team)
Infantry Squad (Sergeant with Power Weapon, Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher Heavy Weapons Team)

Infantry Platoon #2
Platoon Command Squad (Platoon Commander with Bolt Pistol, 4 Flamers)
Chimera (Multi-Laser, Heavy Flamer)
Infantry Squad (Melta Gun)
Chimera (Multi-Laser, Heavy Flamer)
Infantry Squad (Melta Gun)
Chimera (Multi-Laser, Heavy Flamer)
Infantry Squad (Melta Gun)
Chimera (Multi-Laser, Heavy Flamer)
Infantry Squad (Melta Gun)
Chimera (Multi-Laser, Heavy Flamer)

Veteran Squad (7 Shotguns, 3 Melta Guns)

Fast Attack

Valkyrie (Multiple Rocket Pods)

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Battle Tank (Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons)
Leman Russ Battle Tank (Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons)
Manticore Rocket Launcher

Mission

We will be playtesting a Centurion mission...
Thanks to Random.org, it will be mission 5
Wonna, I hope you read this!

Look here for missions

Mission 5:


Deployment: Spearhead (Rulebook page 93)
Primary: Capture their leaders (Objectives)
Secondary: Thin the ranks (KP)
Tertiary: Overrun their position! (Table Quarters)
Final: Kill them to a man! (VP)

Look out for shoddy pictures, a whiney fester, and some whipped Guardsman in a blog post soon!

3 comments:

  1. Dead friend? My pulse seemed fine last time I checked.

    Now I just need to work out how to counter my own list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHUH, typo.
    damnit~!
    thats wot it woz

    ReplyDelete