Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Arvus Lander Conversion

Recently saw on WGAU a guy asking about the 2 Arvus models and if they were any good.

So instead of replying there direct, I thought I would try drive some more traffic (and add searchability) with what I did.

I actually use is regularly in normal games (and tourneys) as a Counts-As Landraider.


It is almost exactly the right size. (about 10mm wider than a regular land raider)

Model quality was excellent overall. I was very happy with it.


I magnetised the weaponry on it for playability and WYSIWYG whingers.

Size sample:





Example of the end product:




I drilled 3 holes in the under-wing and in the chassis and glued magnets in there so the wings are removable.
I also magnetised the entire body (it splits in half for "wrecked" results).
I got Razorback turrets and popped a little 1.5mm magnet in the mounting and wing for the lascannnons and glued the Heavy bolters to the front cockpit window.

Overall, most people love it, and as its for my Pre-Heresy Sons of Horus, I can get away with the fluff too!

1 comment:

  1. The Arvus is a great looking kit. I didn't realize it was so flexible, made more so with magnets. Sounds like a fun "counts-as" piece.

    ReplyDelete